APPLICATION DEADLINE: December 6, 2017.
ABOUT THIS POSITION
The 16th Annual Filmed by Bike showcases the world’s best bike movies with a huge film festival in Portland then our movie collections travel all over the world to screenings in more than 30 cities every year.
Our next festival is May 4-6, 2018 at the Hollywood Theatre in Portland.
The Raffle Coordinator is responsible for overseeing all aspects of our wildly fun Speed Raffle, which takes place during intermission on Opening Night, Friday May 4 at two showtimes. In order to qualify for this position, you must be available that day from 3pm-11pm.
We are a streamlined, creative event. If you enjoy working with a team of hardworking, innovative, efficient people who are involved for an altruistic, true love of the festival, you will fit right in.
HOURS + COMMITMENT
Roughly 20-30 hours TOTAL from January through mid May with additional hours directly before and during the festival. We meet just a few times in that period. At times there is very little work to accomplish; at other times the position is busy and deadlines are imperative.
WHAT ARE YOUR TALENTS AND PASSIONS?
We are committed to giving our Raffle Coordinator the support needed to flourish in this role. We look forward to learning more about your interests, talents and passions and finding ways for your skills to contribute to the festival.
We are an extremely positive, supportive work team. We work very hard and are fully dedicated to the festival. We work from home and have regularly scheduled staff meetings. We use Google Docs for file management, Dropbox for film storage and Vimeo for video display. We all work extremely independently with very little oversight, though support is always available when there are questions or roadblocks.
LEARN FROM OUR EXPERTS
Beyond being a film festival, we are a creative, well executed event. We are dedicated to excellent event production and we bring in a team of the best. You will leave this position with a unique understanding of some of the best event management practices that exist.
We are also blazing a path in the world of bike advocacy by offering a modern tool for bike advocates to add to their toolkit: an out-of-the-box bike movie night. Our movie collections are seen around the world year round.
POSITION REQUIREMENTS – Skills, Equipment and Characteristics
- Driven toward success and a desire to do a stellar job.
- Ability to devise creative approaches to complex situations.
- Cool under pressure.
- Friendly, positive, personable, works well with the public.
- Communications oriented – can do a good job of representing the festival to a wide variety of people in writing and in person.
- Works independently with thorough initial instruction but limited oversight after that.
- Knows how to set project priorities and ask questions to stay on track.
- Creative, eager to brainstorm new ideas for the festival.
- Desire to hone your skills by contributing to our festival.
- Excellent correspondence etiquette and a dedication to well composed email messages that help you stand out.
- Hustle. Ability to work hard for what you believe in.
- Remote working experience or positions where you’ve worked with limited oversight.
This is a paid learning position. On-the-job training is available and you are not expected to be proficient at any of the above tasks coming into this role, but you will be by the time you wrap up the season.
A total sum of $400 will be awarded upon successful completion of the work.
Staff perks include (but are not limited to) free entry to the festival, networking opportunities, learning on the job and the opportunity to work with international filmmakers.
HOW TO APPLY
Send the following to Info@FilmedByBike.org by the deadline listed above:
- Cover letter that addresses why you want this job and why you would be really good at it.
- Indicate the job for which you are applying.