February 1-3, 2018
6 NE Tillamook (At Williams) – Portland
Bundle up and celebrate the power of lights! The Portland Winter Lights Festival is a dazzling opportunity to explore Portland at night with illuminated displays, kinetic fire sculptures and interactive installations all over the city.
More than 100 artists and organizations are involved, including Filmed by Bike! We have been invited to host an installation along North Williams (at Tillamook), the bike superhighway. Our fun-loving characters from last year’s trailer are coming out to play in the bike lane. This is an exciting opportunity for us to incorporate a love of bikes into this citywide tradition.
Volunteers are Needed!
Help us spread bike love!
If you love festivals, lights, projections, talking with people and great music, you’re going to love hanging out with us as a volunteer! Sign up below to join us and help make this incredible event a reality.
You’ll be working outside and it could be cold and rainy, so bundle up and bring a warm drink! Being outside in the elements is what the Portland Winter Lights Fest is all about. We will have a propane patio heater, but that doesn’t necessarily mean the site will be cozy!
Please review the important details below the form.
Come on out for a magical night celebrating Portland winter.
Our volunteer positions are full. Huge THANK YOU to everyone who signed up to volunteer!
Please join the Volunteer Family to learn about year-round opportunities and how you can help at the Filmed by Bike film festival.
- You will be working outside in the elements with shelter from the rain.
- Bathrooms are provided.
- We will provide warm drinks – please bring a thermos
- Bring friends! It’s way more fun with friends
- Bundle up in your warmest and coziest clothing – it’s a long fun night and you want to be relaxed
- The event is outside at night
- You will not be able to sit inside, other than to use the restroom.
- Power is provided, so charge your devices and document the night!
- Have lighting displays? You’re welcome to add to the fun with any of your own lights, smoke machines, etc.
- This is a good position for volunteers who love Filmed by Bike, love bikes and LOVE talking with people. If you don’t like talking with strangers, this won’t be a good fit for you.