Dedicated Contact For Filmmakers
Guthrie Straw, Films Manager
Check Your Email
You will receive periodic updates from Filmed by Bike via email (email@example.comfirstname.lastname@example.org), so please be on the lookout for those, or whitelist these addresses if there is any difficulty with delivery.
IMPORTANT NEXT STEPS
Your film has been accepted to Filmed by Bike, but we need you to complete these steps in order to be included in the festival.
- Send in the final digital format of your film by March 20th
- Send us the highest quality version you have. See recommendations here >>
- If your film is on Vimeo, set it to be downloadable and notify us – we’ll download it.
- If your film is hosted on YouTube, you must send us a file. We can’t download from YouTube.
- You may use a file transfer service like YouSendIt, HighTail or Dropbox or similar.
- If you need to make modifications to your film, that’s okay. However, if the resulting film is longer, we will be unable to show your film as we are currently at maximum capacity.
- If your film is not received by March 20th, it will not be shown at the festival.
- The email address is Submissions@FilmedByBike.org
COME VISIT PORTLAND FOR THE FESTIVAL!
We would love to host you in our bike friendly city for the full festival experience. Filmed by Bike On Tour travels the world, but there is nothing quite like our festival here in Portland.
- See the Festival Schedule for an overview of the event
- Gigantic Basecamp Brewing Street Party on Opening Night.
- We can help you find free homestays.
- Discounted bike rental at Cycle Portland Bike Tours (mention Filmed by Bike).
- Complimentary Filmmaker Bike Ride.
- Chris King Factory Tour.
- Complimentary Filmmaker Brunch
- Festival Lounge at Velo Cult Bike Shop + Tavern all festival long.
- Filmmaker Q+As.
- Filmmaker welcome bag of cool items.
- Working on a project on the move? Our non-profit partner NW Documentary offers complimentary edit suite access to all accepted filmmakers in attendance for Filmed By Bike. For more information on this opportunity please contact Guthrie.
+ So Much More!
HOW TO REDEEM YOUR FREE TICKET
Each accepted film receives one free ticket to Filmed by Bike. One ticket per film.
- Tickets go on sale March 1.
- Reserve your free ticket online using your Promotional Code. The email address used to submit your film is your Promotional Code.
- Due to limited seating at each venue, we are unable to provide more than one free ticket per accepted film.
- Your ticket may be transferred to another individual if you are unable to attend (have them use your code).
We host special events for filmmakers. Your Filmmaker Welcome Bag will contain the most up-to-date schedule of pertinent activities for filmmakers within the busy festival weekend.
Are you an attending filmmaker? Join us for brunch! – More Info Here
WHERE YOUR FILM IS SHOWN
Your film will be shown at this year’s festival at the Hollywood Theater in Portland, Oregon.
After that, a select few films are chosen to enter our On Tour Program that brings Filmed by Bike movie collections all over the world to inspire people to ride bikes. If you have the rights to your music, you are eligible for this program and you film may be selected to be included. We will let you know in July.
HOST FILMED BY BIKE!
Want to see Filmed by Bike where you live and ride? Host a showing of Filmed by Bike On Tour! It’s easy, just press play. We’ll help you out with all the details.
Films nominated for an award have an icon next to them on our Festival Schedule.
We will announce the winners at the Awards Ceremony.