Wednesday, June 25 at 6:30pm-8:30pm.
– rain or shine –
This event is part of Pedalpalooza, a month of bike-related events.
A free literary event with a bar!
Regional authors will read from their published works alfresco in the lovely courtyard at Disjecta Contemporary Arts in partnership with Nisus Gallery and Filmed by Bike.
- Full bar.
- Book sales and signings.
- Beer garden.
- Microcosm Publishing will showcase a selection of independently published books.
- Multnomah County Library will be featuring a selection of fantastic bike-themed books.
- Street Books, a bicycle-powered mobile library serving people who live outside, will be exhibiting.
- Food cart.
- An opportunity to talk with the authors.
- Photo booth, and the Pedalpalooza Photo Booth Ride stopping by (so you may join them at that time).
- A striking collection of artwork on display inside Nisus Gallery.
North McClellan St. between Fenewick and Denver.
In the event of rain, this event will take place inside Nisus Gallery within Disjecta, with an entrance located on McClellan.
Joe Kurmaskie aka The Metal Cowboy
Mykle Hansen “I, Slutbot” “Help a Bear is Eating Me”
Lucy Burningham “Hop in the Saddle”
Evan P. Schneider “Boneshaker” and “A Simple Machine, Like the Lever”
Stephanie Routh “How to Move by Bike”
Tori Bortman of Gracie’s Wrench with her new book The Big Book of Cycling for Beginners
Brian Benson “Going Somewhere”
Ellee Thalheimer “Cycling Sojourner” “Hop in the Saddle”
Sarah Mirk, Bitch Magazine and “Oregon History Comics”
Gretchin Lair, Bikes in Space
We are looking for volunteers.
We are open to the possibility of additional vendors.
All reading slots have been filled.