Filmed by Bike showcases the best bike movies from around the world. Some of those movies are sent to us by filmmakers who discover Filmed by Bike, other times we discover the filmmaker’s work first and encourage her or him to send in a submission.
Become an expert in bike movies. By the end of this position you will have watched (parts of) more bike movies than anyone in the world. Our two 2013 volunteers were amazing and we’d love for you to be on our 2014 team of amazing volunteers.
Fun – Easy – Super Cool!
Only a half hour to two hours a week
December 11-January 20 filled!
What You Do
- Using our existing resource lists as a launching point, scour the internet to watch bike movies (or tiny parts of them)
- Contact filmmakers to tell them about Filmed by Bike’s submission process
- Answer filmmaker questions
What You Get
- The opportunity to see some of the coolest bike movies before anyone else
- Complimentary entry to Filmed by Bike for you and your friends.
- Access to the super secret Jury Screening in January (food, drinks and watching movies with an intimate audience in the theater at Velo Cult)
- Set of Filmed by Bike DVDs
- Filmed by Bike email address to use for the project
- The opportunity to become a bike movie expert
Required Skills and Demeanor
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Ability to represent Filmed by Bike in a professional capacity
- Ability to use Google spreadsheets (do not need a gmail account) reliably and accurately
- Reliable, consistent access to the internet
- Ability to work efficiently and make smart time-saving decisions, such as when to stop watching a movie because it’s not five star quality and is a waste of your time.
- Ability to use a secondary email address – we can help you figure this out with your gmail
- Excited by the prospect of watching 100 bike movies, then digging deeper to discover more
How to apply
Send a quick note to Ayleen telling her why you think you’d be a good fit for this position and addressing your skills related to each point under the Required Skills heading. We are looking for one person for each time period. Ayleen@FilmedByBike.org.