“I still am friends with Giles who I hosted in 2018 and have visited him in England many times now!”
Filmmakers from all over the world are coming to Portland for Filmed by Bike
Our Homestay Program is one of the most rewarding ways to be involved in the festival. Homestays give you the opportunity to meet filmmakers from all over the world. We love that we can offer our visiting filmmakers a chance to see the real Portland while connecting with locals and having a comfy place to rest their heads at the end of a long day.
Hosts and filmmakers fill out intake forms. We do our best to play matchmaker and find filmmakers that are the best fit for your home.
What You Get
- The chance to meet inspiring, creative filmmakers from all over the world.
- Festival Pass – unlimited access to Filmed by Bike.
- Access to the Filmmaker Bike Ride + Tour.
- Goodwill, good karma, endless thanks from us and our filmmakers.
What You Provide
- A comfortable place to sleep, in a private room or mostly private secluded area.
- A friendly face and someone who can answer questions about Portland.
- Most filmmakers will visit for a few days during the festival season.
- That’s about it! Anything above and beyond this you want to do is completely up to you. We provide other resources for the filmmakers.
Requirements for Hosts
- We ask that all hosts are within 5 miles of The Hollywood Theatre so our filmmakers can easily go to and from the theater, perhaps even by bike.
- All hosts must be fully vaccinated and boosted at the time of the festival.
- Ability to provide a private room or mostly private secluded area.
Please email Melina Coumas, Films Manager.