May 18-21, 2023
Hollywood Theatre – Portland, Oregon
MEDIA CONTACT INFO
Ayleen Crotty // (971) 221-7228 // Ayleen@FilmedByBike.org
Lisa Hill // (503) 730-8055 // Lisa@LisaHillPR.com
Click to jump to a section
About Filmed by Bike
Festival Photos / Film Stills
Filmed by Bike Logo
Facebook Cover Photos
Basic Event Info
Instagram Promo Images
Meet the Filmmakers
ABOUT FILMED BY BIKE
The 21st Annual Filmed by Bike May 18-21 is a four day bike film film festival featuring bike rides, movies, coffee outside, parties and more.
52 international films will be shown in 6 incredible programs at the Hollywood Theatre in Portland, Oregon. These films are also streaming through the end of 2023.
Highlighted films include a film honoring the Buffalo Soldiers’ 25th Infantry Bicycle Corps by reliving their history. Two films about trekking through the Arctic by bike, many adventure films, plenty of laughs and a glimpse at bike cultures all over the world.
Every day features free bike rides and parties. The final day of Filmed by Bike is #SundayFunday, a day spent entirely on bikes that includes a BIPOC Ride led by Warpaint Magazine.
Festival Passes and individual tickets for theater or streaming viewing are available online or at the box office. See the website for a full festival schedule and ticket details.
More information at FilmedByBike.org.
FILMS STILL + EVENT PHOTOS
CLICK for large image size.
Please contact Ayleen Crotty if you need additional images.
CONTACT INFO + SOCIAL MEDIA
Pink logo is primary
Click for full size versions
Perfectly formatted for an Instagram post.
Click for full size versions
Perfectly formatted for an Instagram story.
FACEBOOK COVER IMAGES
Click for the full size versions
For media view only – do not share with the public
Please request. Contact Ayleen @ FilmedByBike.org
HIGHLIGHTS + FUN FACTS
- May 18-21, 2023
- 21 years of Filmed by Bike! The festival was founded in Portland at the height of the burgeoning bike culture of the early 2000s
- Six unique programs of movies
- Theater and Virtual viewing options. People from all over the world will be watching.
- Bike rides every day
- Adventure Night featuring brave cyclists who conquer amazing feats on the remote rugged road
- 51 films, 48 filmmakers, 13 countries represented
- Documentaries, animation, love stories and more
- Films from Iran, The Philippines, Spain, Norway, New Zealand and many other countries offer a unique glimpse into worldwide bike culture.
- The debut of two new films funded by Filmed by Bike through our BIPOC Filmmaker Grant Fund
- “Riding Han” by Eugene Pak
- “Carlisle 200” by Brave Space Media and Native Women Ride
PRESS RELEASE + BASIC INFO
Showtimes: schedule available on the website at FilmedByBike.org
Cost: $70 for an unlimited entry Festival Pass that includes unlimited access and exclusive features. $15 for individual tickets. A Premiere Pass ($90) includes guaranteed entry to all events + showtimes and a $20 donation to our BIPOC Filmmaker Grant Fund
Age restrictions: All ages
MEDIA: FILMMAKER INTERVIEWS
We can arrange interviews with filmmakers. Please contact Ayleen Crotty: Ayleen@FilmedByBike.org, 971-221-7228.
This video, created for our 20th Anniversary Celebration, explains the festival well!