In order to have a festival-quality version of your video, we need you to send in a final copy that meet the following criteria:
** FILMMAKERS: Your final piece is due March 31st, 2021 **
Please deliver your final file in the following format: If you are unable to meet the following requirements, that is OKAY! Just send us the highest quality/resolution version you have available, in any format and we will perform the conforming process.
- Codec: Apple ProRes 422 (standard)
- Container: .mov
- Resolution: 1920×1080 resolution (4k can be delivered in addition if desired, as long as a 1920×1080 version is also included)
- Encoding: H.264 with variable bit rate between 15-30mbps, or 100-150mbps if delivering 4k in addition to 1920×1080 file size
- 2.0 channel stereo mix
Festival tip: consider removing brands/logos from opening & end credits – consistently, films which win our Audience Choice Award (Cash Prize) have little to no branding displayed at the beginning or end of the piece. (brands/logos within the film itself is fine)
HOW TO SEND YOUR FILE
- In most cases, we will simply request to download your film file directly through FilmFreeway
- If you have a newer or updated film version, we request that you either replace the file you had in FilmFreeway and notify us, or send us the updated file directly using WeTransfer, DropBox, etc.
- If we don’t hear from you and have a problem downloading your film through FilmFreeway, we’ll have to grab your highest quality version off of Youtube or Vimeo if it is present.
Send your file to Submissions@FilmedByBike.org.
If you have further questions, contact our Films Manager, Melina Coumas: