In order to have a festival-quality version of your video, we need you to send in a final copy that meet the following criteria:
** FILMMAKERS: Your final piece is due March 31st **
Please deliver your final file in the following format: If you are unable to meet the following requirements, that is OKAY! Just send us the highest quality/resolution version you have available, in any format and we will perform the conforming process.
- Codec: Apple ProRes 422 (standard)
- Container: .mov
- Resolution: 1920×1080 resolution (4k can be delivered in addition if desired, as long as a 1920×1080 version is also included)
- Encoding: H.264 with variable bit rate between 15-30mbps, or 100-150mbps if delivering 4k in addition to 1920×1080 file size
- 2.0 channel stereo mix
Festival tip: consider removing brands/logos from opening & end credits – consistently, films which win our Audience Choice Award (Cash Prize) have little to no branding displayed at the beginning or end of the piece. (brands/logos within the film itself is fine)
HOW TO SEND YOUR FILE
* Vimeo private links must enable download to be received
* We’ll grab your highest quality version off of Youtube or Vimeo if it is present with no work needed on your part.
* File transfer service such as YouSendIt or Dropbox
* File hosted on your server that we can download
Send your file to Submissions@FilmedByBike.org.
As a last resort, you may also mail us a data disc (not authored DVD) with your file, but this option is not ideal.
If you have further questions, contact our submissions coordinator: