In order to have a festival-quality version of your video, we need you to send in a final copy that meet the following criteria:
** FILMMAKERS: Your final piece is due March 31st **
Please deliver your final file in the following format: If you are unable to meet the following requirements, that’s OKAY! Just send us the highest quality version you have available, if not already hosted via the link you submitted during registration.
- 2 seconds of black at the beginning of your piece
- Codec: Apple ProRes 422 (standard)
- Container: .mov
- Resolution: 1920×1080 resolution (4k can be delivered in addition if desired, as long as a 1920×1080 version is also included)
- Encoding: H.264 with variable bit rate between 15-30mbps, or 100-150mbps if delivering 4k in addition to 1920×1080 file size
- 2.0 channel stereo mix
Festival tip: consider removing brands/logos from opening & end credits – consistently, films which win our Audience Choice Award (Cash Prize) have little to no branding displayed at the beginning or end of the piece. (brands/logos within the film itself is fine)
HOW TO SEND YOUR FILE
* Vimeo private links must enable download to be received
* We’ll grab your highest quality version off of Youtube or Vimeo if it is present with no work needed on your part.
* File transfer service such as YouSendIt or Dropbox
* File hosted on your server that we can download
Send your file to Submissions@FilmedByBike.org.
As a last resort, you may also mail us a data disc (not authored DVD) with your file, but this option is not ideal.
If you have further questions, contact our submissions coordinator: