Get creative! Spearhead creative marketing campaigns to promote our 10th Anniversary.
Mid September 2011 – January 4, 2011
Compensation: We’re celebrating our 10th anniversary and we want to go big. Join us? This unpaid internship is an excellent opportunity for on-the-job learning under the tutelage of a very organized team spearheaded by two people with extensive expertise in event organization and marketing. One of our former interns is entering his fourth year assisting the festival with high-level projects and we have an extremely dedicated volunteer crew.
Hours: Average of 8-15 hours a week.
OVERVIEW OF PROJECT AREAS
• Marketing to encourage filmmakers to submit movies (“call for entries”)
• Oversee creative social media campaigns
• Attending events to promote the call for entries
• Oversee a materials distribution team and street teams
• Direct contact with filmmakers
• Writing blog entries
• Creating video logs (optional! fun!)
• Advertising sales assistance
• Other projects as they arise
• A sincere dedication to making our 10th Anniversary the biggest and best it can be
• Ability to work independently without direct supervision on a daily basis
• A computer with access to the internet on a reliable basis
• Ability to carry out internet research with enthusiasm
• Basic knowledge of Google Docs to maintain lists and basic databases
• Friendly and patient, able to work well with volunteers
• Enthusiasm for the festival
• Confidence and the ability to ask for assistance/ask questions when you need to
• Desire to learn or hone your marketing skills
• Excellent motivational writing skills with a punchy edge and proper grammar
• Desire to improve your writing skills
• Desire to get creative with social media efforts and blog postings
• Interest in film and/or bicycle culture
• Ability to think creatively and suggest innovative ideas without fear
HOW TO APPLY
Submit the following information by September 5 to Ayleen [at] FilmedByBike.org:
• Cover letter stating (1)why you think you’d be a good fit for this position, (2)what skills you bring to the festival, (3)why you’re excited to apply and (4)anything else we should know about you.
• List of relevant work and volunteer experience
• Three personal or professional references
Filmed by Bike is a festival of independent bike-themed movies from around the world. Every year our festival attracts a cadre of impressive submission and our elected jury chooses the final selections for our festival program.
The festival grows every year with the assistance of our interns and staff who conduct extensive outreach to filmmakers around the world.