START DATE: January 15
END DATE: April 30
HOURS: Average of 10-20 hours/week, flexible hours, work may happen any days of the week that suit your schedule
COMPENSATION: This is an unpaid internship with many perks and on-the-job learning opportunities.
LEARNING ON THE JOB: This position is an opportunity to work with three professional event coordinators with 30 years of combined experience producing stellar events. You will have ample opportunities to learn on the job.
The position may include these vital tasks:
• Producing the on-screen program
• Marketing assistance, social media maintainance assistance
• Interviews with filmmakers
• Volunteer recruitment and management
• Press kits (including creating a DVD of stills and sample videos)
• Raffle prize pick up
• Overseeing preparation of the festival video program (of the actual movies)
• Filmmaker follow up – to secure mini-DV format to meet our deadline
• Creating or securing stills for accepted movies
• Neighborhood relations and permitting
• Set up, break down and general assistance on opening night
• On-screen ad sales
• Other projects as they arise
An enthusiasm for bikes, film or events
Ability to work independently with your own work space
Ability to comit to working April 13th at the opening night
Calm under pressure to handle the busy weeks leading up to the event
We will meet every other week – day of week and time TBA. You are expected to attend all of these meetings. We will set the meetings to meet the schedules of Filmed by Bike staff.
At the beginning of the internship you will be given an outline of upcoming projects and deadlines.
Work will start on or around January 15. The internship is complete when your post-festival projects are wrapped up, which should be around April 30.
As the festival approaches, many last-minute and unpredictable needs arise. The interns are in place to assist with these needs, and your assistance will be a great asset to the festival. We are depending on your flexibility and willingness to help, especially at this time in the festival, which will be quite pressing + stressful.
HOW TO APPLY
Submit a cover letter and resume to Info@FilmedByBike.org by January 5, 2012.
In your cover letter, explain why you are interested in the position and what skills you bring to the internship.
No .docx files (if using Word 2007 be sure to check for this).
Pdf, .doc, .txt, or pasted into email message is okay.