Application and Guidelines
Application Period is currently OPEN!
Who is Eligible to Apply
- Black, Indigenous and all People of Color who are emerging filmmakers
- Absolutely no experience required
- No location restrictions – we invite our global community to apply
- Projects must have a strong central theme of bicycles
- June 20 – Applications are due
- Early July – All applications are notified via the email address provided in the application
- December 10 – Rough cuts must be submitted by this date for review and feedback
- January 20 – Films must be completed and submitted for the festival season
- TBD – Films debut at the Filmed by Bike Film Festival in Portland
If You Are Awarded a Grant
- Recipients will receive grants of $1,500 each
- Number of grants awarded will be determined by financial contributions to the BIPOC Grant Program
- Filmmakers have the option of being paired with an advisor for one-on-one support in bringing the film concept to the screen
- Final films should be 25 minutes or shorter
- Films created through this program will be presented in our Annual Filmed by Bike Festival in Portland, Oregon then go on tour around the world!
1. This grant is only for Black, Indigenous and all People of Color
2. Films must include biking as a theme or as a core central element
3. Final films must be 25 minutes or shorter
3. Rough cuts must be submitted by December 10 for review and feedback
Questions? Please contact Melina@FilmedByBike.org. We can’t wait to read about your concept!