Application and Guidelines
2020 Application period is currently closed.
Who is Eligible to Apply
- Black, Indigenous and all People of Color who are emerging filmmakers
- Absolutely no experience required
- No location restrictions – we invite our global community to apply
- Projects must have a strong central theme of bicycles
- September 10, 2020 – Program launches + application opens
- December 1, 2020 – Applications are due
- December 10, 2020 – All applications are notified via the email address provided in the application
- Films completed by the April 1, 2021 will be shown in the 2021 festival
- Films must be completed by December 31, 2021
- This is the schedule for our program launch year, 2020. The grant program schedule will shift in 2021
If You Are Awarded a Grant
- Recipients will receive grants of $1,500-$2,000
- Number of grants and amount awarded will be determined by financial contributions to the BIPOC Grant Program
- Filmmakers have the option of being paired with an advisor for one-on-one support in bringing the film concept to the screen
- Final films should be 30 minutes or shorter
- Films created through this program will be presented in our Annual Filmed by Bike Festival in Portland, Oregon then go on tour around the world!
The 2020 application period is currently closed. Stay tuned for 2021 dates!