Dedicated Contact For Filmmakers
Melina Coumas, Films Manager
Register for the Festival
In order to get access to Filmed by Bike, please register by May 1
Hollywood Theatre – Portland, Oregon
May 14 – Pre-Party
May 15-17 – Film Festival
We host special events for filmmakers. Your Filmmaker Welcome Bag will contain the most up-to-date schedule of pertinent activities for filmmakers within the busy festival weekend.
Are you an attending filmmaker? Join us for brunch!
Check Your Email
You will receive periodic updates from Filmed by Bike via email (Submissions@FilmedByBike.org / Melina@FilmedByBike.org), so please be on the lookout for our messages.
Important Next Steps
Your film has been accepted to Filmed by Bike, but we need you to complete these steps in order to be included in the festival.
- Send in the final digital format of your film by March 31st
- Send us the highest quality version you have.
- If your film is on Vimeo, set it to be downloadable and notify us – we’ll download it. If it’s already downloadable, you’re all set.
- If your film is hosted on YouTube, you’re all set, we’ll download the highest quality available unless you’d prefer to send a better version before the deadline.
- We recommend using a file transfer service like YouSendIt, HighTail, Dropbox or similar.
- If you need to make modifications to your film, that’s okay. However, if the resulting film is longer, we will be unable to show your film as we are currently at maximum capacity.
- If your film is not received by March 31st, it will not be shown at the festival.
- The email address is Submissions@FilmedByBike.org
Announce Your Acceptance
We’ve made it easy for you to announce your acceptance with our handy Social Media Toolkit.
You can also send us 15 second Instagram posts or story film teasers and we’ll share them.
Social Media Toolkit
How to Get Into the Festival
Each accepted film receives one free ticket to Filmed by Bike. One ticket per film.
- You must register as a filmmaker using the form below.
- Due to limited seating at each venue, we are unable to provide more than one free ticket per accepted film.
Come Visit Portland for the Festival!
We would love to host you in our bike friendly city for the full festival experience. Filmed by Bike On Tour travels the world, but there is nothing quite like our festival here in Portland.
- See the Festival Schedule for an overview of the event
- We can help you find free homestays.
- Discounted bike rental at Cycle Portland Bike Tours (mention Filmed by Bike).
- Complimentary Filmmaker Bike Ride.
- Complimentary Filmmaker Brunch
- Filmmaker Q+As.
- Filmmaker welcome swag.
+ So Much More!
Where Your Film is Shown
Your film will be shown at this year’s festival at the Hollywood Theater in Portland, Oregon. See the Accepted Films List to know what program you’re in.
Accepted Films List
After that, a select few films are chosen to enter our Tour Program that brings Filmed by Bike movie collections all over the world to strengthen bike cultures. We will announce the Tour Program by August.
Host Filmed by Bike!
Want to see Filmed by Bike where you live and ride? Host a showing of Filmed by Bike On Tour! It’s easy, just press play. We’ll help you out with all the details.
Tour Details + Schedule
If you are in the running for an award, we will contact you.
Click for a larger version