Festival Season: 2020
This key position helps the festival run smoothly through a mix of specific advance projects, at-event work, undefined opportunities and room for creative engagement every step of the way.
- Raffle Coordination – Prize procurement and raffle oversight.
- Ambassador Team Manager – Engage and activate the team for vibrant event marketing that leverages our awesome fans and supporters.
- Administrative Duties – Behind-the-scenes office work as needed.
- Event Management – Assisting with adjunct events before and during the festival.
- Facilitating and Fostering Partnerships – Adding extra bonus features to our Festival Pass Program and other features of the event by forming partnerships in the community (this does not include Sponsorship Management or Sales.)
- Volunteer Management – Coordinating and overseeing our volunteers.
- Neighborhood Relations – We have an incredible relationship with our Hollywood neighbors and you will help that continue.
- Skills-Based Contributions – Everyone brings different skills and talents to the table. We’ll leverage yours to offer a rewarding event experience in this role.
REQUIRED SKILLS + CHARACTERISTICS
- Extremely friendly – you enjoy meeting new people and working with people.
- An enthusiasm for the position.
- Desire to work as a team to make this year’s festival the best it can be.
- Detail oriented – can follow a schedule of projects and execute them flawlessly on time.
- Self motivated – we all work extremely independently (though have support from each other). It is up to you to maintain your own schedule and complete projects on time. You must be able to motivate yourself to get the job done on time, and done well.
- Ability to work remotely with your own office set up, reliable access to programs, ability to send professional emails from whatever device you rely on.
- Well spoken; you write clearly; you enjoy composing thoughtful, well written messages that are on-brand and further our goals.
- You are able to review a project concept, ask questions and dig in – even if it is something you have never before done.
PREFERED SKILLS + CHARACTERISTICS
- Event management
- Volunteer management
- A love of bikes
- A love of film
- A love of Portland
- Social media
March 5, 2020 – Ticket Launch + Trailer Release Party
May 14-17, 2019 – 18th Annual Filmed by Bike
ABOUT THE TEAM
Filmed by Bike is run by a small, hardworking team with guidance from a Board of Directors and tons of support from our incredible community of volunteers and fans.
We are resourceful, streamlined and enjoy working in a clever fashion that makes the best use of our time and results in an extremely innovative and creative event.
WHAT WE’RE ALL ABOUT
We run one of Portland’s most creative arts and culture events that offers people an escape from the day-to-day, a magical weekend of events in the city. We facilitate a well run event that dazzles our participants with an incredible experience every step of the way.
All of this, really, is our creative way to build and celebrate the bike community.
HOURS + COMMITMENT
Roughly 2-10 hours per week
Duties are light at times, and extremely busy at times – such is the nature of event execution. The final three weeks leading up to the event are always the busiest.
Work begins in early January and continues through the end of May
$2,000 total – paid out in two installments.
Ample opportunity to learn on the job and hone your skills – we are willing to train, foster job shadowing and offer opportunities for creative engagement.
Opportunity to make contacts in the film and bike industries.
Staff perks include (but are not limited to) free entry to the festival, networking opportunities, learning on the job and the opportunity to work with international filmmakers.